Would love to share the good, the bad, and the ugly about our jobs as Bridal Fashion Consultants. I have done allot of market re-search over the last 2 years with other bridal shop owners on the West Coast of British Columbia – Canada. Also studied behaviour and customer testimonials across the board with reviews.
Here are some of the write ups and challenges with our industry and Social Media Today.
- Everything we read on-line can be helpful or destructive to business owners.
- Ladies will rant about their bridal experience on line with other brides – comparing shops and giving their opinions.
- As a consultant – we value our expertise in the industry and we offer guidance and helpful advice. Sometimes the entourage will challenge our expertise making our jobs insignificant.
- High expectations from brides to be… we understand the stress – I’m also married and have shared the experience – weddings and gowns should not be stressful. It’s about sharing your life with your significant other.
- Brides will often refer to it as MY wedding.. why MY wedding?? – where is your partner in this decision.
- Drama Brides or Bridezilla – it’s true you can say yes to the dress, but really its only a dress. The fact are you are getting married and your partner will love you for you not the dress.
- Dress to Impress – when did this become such a factor and approval. Why do we need opinions – it’s your dress why are so many brides asking for “approval” what you should wear.
- Feeling comfortable… it’s better to feel good then to look good or it’s better to look good then to feel good??
- Why are so many brides writing bad reviews on Social Media on all the bridal sites yes there are great reviews but you will see allot of RANTING Brides – because they had a bad experience at a bridal shop. Please say good things to those who helped you. Stressing over service goes both ways.
- FINAL Thoughts – remember folks no matter what dress / suit you show up in.. it doesn’t matter what others think except your partner – life is too short to stress over the dress. #SayYesToTheDress #NoStressToTheDress #ItsJustADress
Photo of our Wedding 09/09/09 Mr. and Mrs. Logan-Manzer